12 TAGS of November with Tim Holtz

I always love when I get to play along with Tim. Every month I anxiously await his inspiration and hope that I have the supplies to play along. I missed out on last months fun with glitter. I REALLY tried to get inspired, but I am just not a Gitter Gal. But this month he made his tag using the chalk board technique. This was right up my alley. I have made several Teacher cards using the chalk board technique, but I never actually used chalk. I typically used white embossing powder. Leave it to Tim to use the obvious. Well why not, it is a chalk board technique, duh!!!

I wanted to make a Christmas Tag and first started to use my Blue Print stamps I got in Ohio. I bought these as a set, and they are smaller than I wanted, so I scrapped that idea. I am making Christmas thank you cards out of them, but may make some smaller tags as well. So Then I got the idea of the Eiffel Tower. Tim was just in Europe, so why not make a Paris Christmas Tag....so I did.


I used black card stock and stamped my image using White Embossing Ink and White Opague embossing power. This is what I typically use when I am making chalk board cards. The only thing with this embossing ink is sometimes the images are not as clear as you may want them. I then used my heating tool to dry my ink. I got some chalk and went over the card, wiped it off and added a bauble for an ornament and twine.
Very easy and I just love it!


I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges:




12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project. Great take on {PIN}spirational photo.
    Thanks for playing with us at {PIN}spirational challenges this week.
    Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job with the chalkboard technique! I bet Paris is beautiful at Christmas! Hopefully, I may find out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just delightful! Thank you for sharing over at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a terrific tag using that chalkboard technique! Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tags. Great technique and take on inspirational photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chalkboard effekt...looks like you draw it on the blackboard...lovely Tag and lovely Image...great job

    I see your card on Make it Monday and if you want to see my card is # 136 I would be so happy if you could leave me some love...many thanks before..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great 'Tim' tag! Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational challenges. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool and graphic tag! So glad you shared at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous tag Monica
    Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    x Gretha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way cool!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...