Arizona - It's A Dry Heat

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I wanted to enter at least one more card into the Candy Challenge over at Freshly Brewed that has been happening all month long. I recently won some FB images in a card challenge, so I thought I would make one up.  I was excited to see that there was a cactus available. I have two great rubber stamps that I found at a used bookstore with an Arizonian theme.

In the summer, we get into the hundreds. The way we justify it is we say "It's a Dry Heat." We don't get the humidity, but it is sure like an oven. Once you get past 110 degrees though, hot is hot. It doesn't matter if it is dry or not.  I thought these would make cute little note cards.
Here is the other stamp that I found. What a great combination don't ya think?  You can enter up to 5 projects in the blog candy challenge, this will be my third entry.

Here is a picture of the blog candy. I think I will enter this card in a couple of other challenges as well.




4 comments:

  1. " Eh cooka racha, eh cooka racha".......I think it is a song and it started playing in my head when I saw your cute cactus image! No idea if it is really words or just what I heard when the music started but it is definitely Mexican in theme! Temperature of 100 I can work with but over that? I'm just not made for heat! Your card is very cute and the stamped sentiments are fabulous. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our first challenge for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! So true ... once it's past 110 here ... it don't matter!!! I loveeeeeeee this!! LOVING that cactus!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very fun! Thanks for playing along with Fresh Brewed Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem is cute (even though desert and blazin' sun sounds really scary to me =)) and is perfect for your cactus with the striped towel. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmakers Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...