Tri Fold Halloween Card

Hello there! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.
I am popping in today to share with you a tri fold card that is a bit different than some of the tri folds you may have seen out there.

I love to play with paper and see what kind of card folds I can come up with. This is one that I designed last year and have continued to use for many of my cards.

What I like about this card is that you can use several different matching paper designs which always makes cards so wonderful to look at.

Here is what I started with:



  • Base of Card:  9 5/8" x 5 1/2 "
  • Score Lines:    2 5/8" & 7"  (Horizontal)
  • Score Lines:    3" (Vertical) on the right flap of card to the current score line
Cut on the 3" score line and and down the right score line until the cut lines meet.

Now here is where it gets fun. You are going to want to pick out 3 matching papers. When you fold this card, all your paper will show, so you want to make sure they all work together.

  • 2 1/4" x 5 1/4"
  • 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
  • 5 1/4" x 4"

The image above gives you an idea of how the right side of your card should look once you cut on the score lines.

Now it is time to decorate.  I like to round my outside corners for a finished look.  You will want to make sure the image on the front flap is big enough to cover your inside sentiment, but not so big that you cannot see the beautiful designer paper inside your card.



I typically use this side flap for a little hidden message. I like to chose something that compliments the top image. I found this image on Pinterest, feel free to check out my pins here:  


Here is the finished project. Of course I had to make a matching envelope.  If you want to, you can also decorate the inside flaps of your card like I did I use paper that would work well for a hand written message. But it certainly is not necessary.


Well, I sure hope you like my first tutorial. I hope to post more regularly to share some of my techniques I have learned on my creative journey!



I am entering my card into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. ahhhh what an adorable Halloween card! Just love the image and the great paper you have used for it as well!

    Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I have a giveaway you need to check it out at 600 followers giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and amusing halloween card! It has also a vintage look...
    Thanks for the tutorial, I have appreciated it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love the shape and image :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at Delicious doodles and good luck.

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting card shape and great tutorial. Hmmm...now there's another idea for the you know what. Wink, wink!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Great way you have made the card. Thank you for joining CC&CC. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...