Family Memories

Nothing can replace family! I was fortunate enough to marry into a wonderful caring, loving family. I have lived it for the past 23 years. My Mother-in-Law welcomed me in as her daughter (she had two sons, so she was happy to do so) and I loved her the moment I met her.

Everyone Loved Shirley! She was a wonderful daughter, sister, Mother, Aunt and Grandmother to my son. We are fortunate that she saw him grow up to his 18th birthday! I am grateful for all the memories she gave my son and the warmth and love she shared with me.


She had loving siblings and a special one that I am so grateful for. Her sister Beverly was a Godsend. She helped us through the difficult last week and kept us (kids) going. It is hard to lose a loved one, but I think it is especially hard to lose a mother. Another sister posted this picture of three of the kids. My Mother-in-law is in the middle and Beverly is the little one.

 As the big sister once took care of the little sister, the roles reversed. Isn't if funny how that happens. It takes true Love to have the strength to carry on and do what needs to be done in such difficult times. For this we are eternally grateful.

Thanks Aunt Bev!

I would like to share my card with the following:

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your MIL and Aunt Monica - a lovely vintage collage with that sweet photo as it's focus. Thanks so much for joining us in the AVJ Through the Looking Glass challenge! hugs, Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a lovely photo and you have used it beautifully on your card. Your MIL sounds like she was a wonderful lady and Beverly sounds pretty special too. Thanks so much for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...