Distressing relieves my Stressing


I recently purchased the new Distress Crayons and Distress Collage Medium from the Tim Holtz Collection and I am having so much fun with it.

Card making has turned into more than just a hobby for me, it is a passion! I love learning new techniques and mastering skills that other (more famous) designers have shown us. Ephemera is always fun to work with and the new crayons and Collage Mediums can help you turn a good card into a great card. The products work well together helping to not only mat your images, but help age them as well.
Grunge Typewriter

For this card I started out with a Bingo embossing folder and a printable called Grunge Typewriter from VectoriaDesignshttps://www.etsy.com/shop/VectoriaDesigns. These two pieces were my focal point of my card. I stamped Happy Mail onto the ATC and added some postale washi tape to the side. From there I started layering my ephemera using my Collage Medium to adhere it.


I outlined my images with the Walnut Stain Distress Crayon. (I think that may be my "go to crayon) as it is for my distress inks. Using my fingers, I rubbed in the crayons to create a smooth, smeared look. I then dipped my finger into the Matte College Medium and smeared it some more. The wetness of the Collage medium really helped to move the color around and create the look of an aged card.

I finished off the card by added some stamped numbers to the top and some Postale rub ons and framing my stamped image "Happy Mail" from So Suzy stamps with a metal frame.

I even finished off the inside of my card and created a matching envelope.

Thanks for stopping by!



Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...