12 Tags of 2016 - April

Another month means another technique challenge from Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016.  I am an avid fan and I love his work. But moreover, I love his creative mind.


He has taught me to think outside the box and to push my creative limits. It is funny how someone you have never met can have such an influence on you don't you think?

So the technique this month is to create a Mosaic background. Now more times than not, I do not have all the supplies necessary to exactly copy his technique, but I don't let that stop me.



I didn't want to cut up all my ephemera, because it is so pretty, I took my 12 x 12 pad and cut up some of the smaller squares. I had never really used those smaller squares, but they were perfect.


Then using one of my newest favorite products, Collage Medium Matte, I adhered my pieces onto a white grunge board I had die cut using my Fresh Brewed Dies. I didn't have the Wood Grain paper that he used on his card, so I embossed some white card stock and distressed it using Weathered Wood.


Here is a closer look. You can see some of my finishing touches, with the stickers, rub ons and ruler ribbon fabric.

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...