Cards with Texture

There are so many products out in the market today I often challenge myself to try new mediums in creating my cards.  while Texture paste is often associated with canvas art, I decided to create some texture on one of my Valentine's Day cards.



I started with some heavy cardstock measuring 4.25" x 5.5" and covered it with some Tim Holtz tissue paper using perfect paper adhesive. 

Then I added some Tattered Angels Roses R Red glimmer glam to some texture paste and spread it over my tissue paper using a stencil.



Once it was dry I added my cardstock to some designer paper measuring 4.5" x 6.5".



I cut a heart out of some rust burlap from Canvas Corp Brand and adhered it to my card using perfect paper adhesive.



Once the burlap was dry, I added Tim Holtz Alpha tiles to spell out LOVE. 

As a final touch, I added a bow using some canvas rope and adhered that using a glue gun. 



This is a very simple process, but adds so much texture to a greeting card. I hope you will give it a try. 

Thanks for stopping by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...