Crafting with recycled crafting packaging

Hi everyone! Hopefully you saw yesterday's video and got some ideas on how to recycle some of your packaging that comes with our wonderful papers and embellishments.

Today I wanted to share with you the cards I created with some of those embellishments. As I explained in the video, using the cardboard backings gives you a sturdy surface to add some of your mixed media products.  As you would expect, the more items you add to your card, the heavier it becomes, so having a sturdy base is essential. 




I also added some paper tape to add a little interest to the heart. 7gypsies also carries a great 3 pack of paper tape called global which would be great for this technique. If you want to see how I created these cards be sure to check out the video over on my You Tube 

               

The clock die cut was sprayed with Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels called Woven burlap. The paper stack is called Ordre Du Jour  I also used some Rubbings called Nomenclature.  I also added an antique black Key wrapped in twine from the 7gypsies collection and metal Pen Nibs.




My second card is a layered card and I used one of my recycled packaging backings and stamped it to create a script background.  I also added some mini ephemera from 7gypsies called Receipts.


As a center focal point, I did use my recycled cardboard that I had covered with some paper from the Ordre Du Jour paper stack and added a metal embellishment.  I also added two hearts that I punched out from another piece of packaging that I recycled. 


Now while these cards do have hearts, they can really work for any occasion. Everyone loves to receive cards, so make sure that this year you let your friends and loved ones know you are thinking about them with a handmade card. It is something they can display and cherish all year long!


I am sharing my card with the following challenges:

Creative Corner Challenge
Making Memories Crafting






6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recycled packaging bits n' pieces lovely vintage cards with us at the new Making Memories Challenge blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jobs
    Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, love the vintage style! Thank you for joining us at Making Memories Crafting!
    ~Sherry DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica, A fabulous vintage card, love the layers. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Making Memories Crafting. We hope to see you again soon.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauties!!
    I love the way you put all the layers together to such nice cards!
    Thanks for playing along over at CreativeCornerChallenges.
    X Linda DT-CCC

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...